The Mission of the Farmingville Historical Society is to
- Promote, foster, and encourage interest in local Farmingville history
- To raise money and acquire funds to purchase, repair, and maintain our historic one-room Bald Hills schoolhouse and other historic buildings in the Farmingville community
- To develop and implement informational programs to make the public aware of the history of Farmingville
- To increase and enhance interest in the civic affairs of the community
- To develop good citizenship.
The Farmingville Historical Society is the custodian for the 1850 One-Room School House and the historic Terry House (former house of Elijah Terry). The 1850 One-Room School House and Terry House are located next to the Farmingville Hills County Park and across the street from the Farmingville Post Office on Horseblock Road. Click here to see the exact location.
We are also the custodians of the Farmingville Hills County Park trails.