Hanrahan Farmingville Gardens
The land for Hanrahan Farmingville Gardens was purchased from Septer Terry (grandson of Elijah Terry).
In 1929, Hanrahan Nature’s Gardens was planned on Harahan Avenue, Farmingville. The streets were named for the Harahan children. In 1932, the Hanrahan’s summer house was built on the Northwest corner, south of Farm to Market Road (Horseblock Road). The community had a dance pavilion, tennis court, Swimming pool, recreation room, water tower/viewing tower, firehouse, and fire truck.
The Hanrahan Firehouse still stands on the private property across from the Historic Schoolhouse and can its current state can be seen in the photos. The Farmingville Historical Society is exploring whether it can be moved to another location and preserved as a cultural center open to the public.