- David Overton (b. 1738, d. 1826) m. Mary unknown maiden name (b. and d. unknown)
- David’s child Davis (I) Overton (b. 1770, d. 1836) m. Deborah Wells (b. 1773, d. 1843)
- Davis’ (I) 2 children:
- Davis (II) Overton (b. 1799, d. 1857) m. Mary Ann Terry (b. 1802, d. 1883)
- Elijah Terry (b. February 14th, 1787 in Coram, NY, d. September 26th, 1850 in Farmingville, NY) m. (June 6th, 1825) Caroline Overton (b. May 28th, 1802, d. January 4th, 1881), then she m. John G. Barrett
- Davis’s (II) child Oakley A. Overton (b. 1833, d 1911) m. Mary Esther Hawkins (b. 1839, d. 1911)
- Caroline’s children with Elijah Terry are mentioned above with the Terry family tree.
- Caroline’s children with John G. Barrett were not found during this research.
This family tree is not as large due to their association with Farmingville. Mainly, the Overton’s are only married into the Terry family at different points and due to those marriages, the Terry family has possibility been recorded by David Overton’s The Overton Genealogy. Furthermore, the Overton’s, were heavily involved with Brookhaven Township and the writing of Long Island’s history.
(compiled by Stonybrook University History Intern, Gene Farmer, 2016)